Monday, June 20, 2011

ArtistoftheWeek: Thao & Mirah 6/20/11-6/27/11

Thao & Mirah, are both wonderful singer/songwriters. Not once in my life I ever thought of the two making an album together.Usually when two singer/songwriters make albums together the album sounds like one overpowering the other. Not this one.These two are so in sync, with one another on songs and melodies it's almost uncanny. With Mirah's vocals and Thao's verbal beats, the two created a good harmony in the song, Little Cup.With their lead single, Eleven, it's a song that grows on you. (I know that people say that and 9 times out of 10 that's not true for a lot of music lovers but it is, trust me.) The catchy beats, and vocal attitudes from Mirah & Thao are amazing! Folks, is a very chill song on the album, one for a relaxing summer day on a porch sitting on a rocking chair.
Spaced Out Orbit, really reminds me of Mirah's style of music. How Dare You is like a call and response type of song, I love that they do that. I love call-respond songs. So amazing. This really shows their strength of working together. Hallelujah is one song you will want to have in your collection. It's calm melody and subtle reminders of religion is a great thing to have. Especially is your filled with doubts. Squareneck, is the title for the guitar used in the song, and the guitar really does make the whole song. Greatly done! I hope this is not the end of Thao & Mirah, but who knows what they plan to do in the future.
Selective Songs From
Thao & Mirah
Facebook
Official Website

Hope you enjoy the sweet sounds of Thao & Mirah!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sharing music that should be shared. *If an artist/record label has any problem with the songs/videos I post on my blogs please contact me.*