Monday, July 11, 2011

ArtistoftheWeek:BONNIE PINK7/11/11-7/18/11

Bonnie Pink, has been around in the music industry possibly for as long as I've been alive! This Japanese singer/songwriter has such a talent that you can't pass up. Her style ranging from shibuya-kei, to Jpop/rock to R&B. I have heard of her from a song that has been used in an anime, but that song was just a taste of how amazing her songs truly are. The first album I heard of hers was Golden Tears. With her single, "So Wonderful", it's a song that you can enjoy while traveling. Even the whole album is perfect for traveling around. The album became one of my top frequent albums of 2009.
A year later, she released a new
album called, Dear Diary. I listened to the album whole and when I heard the song Morning Glory, I instantly loved it. Hearing that song made me see Bonnie Pink in a whole new light.Knowing that a Japanese musician wrote a song about depression and hope made me smile. It made me know that Bonnie Pink is a strong women filled with a sense of melancholy and hope. Now I listen to Morning Glory every morning, reminding myself to keep going and to live more. (I do not have depression, but there are some days that are harder than others.)
When I listened to her B-Sides I heard a variety of genres filled in every song, giving it a great pop feel. The song that really stuck to me most was her all-English song, "The Last Thing I Can Do". Every lazy day I pop on that song and lay down enjoying the day relaxed and calm. The song is a really sweet song filled with strong lyrics, vocals, and a simple melody, of only a guitar or two. It's a really personal song of Bonnie Pink.
Selective Songs from Golden Tears
Selective Songs from Reminiscence
Selective Songs from Dear Diary
Selective Songs from B-Side Collection

I hope you guys like Bonnie Pink! If you want anymore of her music, go to iTunes!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sharing music that should be shared. *If an artist/record label has any problem with the songs/videos I post on my blogs please contact me.*