Monday, July 18, 2011

ArtistoftheWeek:SAWA7/18/11-7/25/11

A friend of mine showed me this artist. The song she introduced me was Stars. It was ok, but I looked around the net for some other songs of SAWA. I then stumbled upon the music video for ManyColors. I listened to the song and immediately loved the beat. When SAWA started singing and the lyrics were as great as the song. After that song, I just had to get more of SAWA's music. So I got her album, Welcome To Sa-World, and the style of music was a little different for my taste but all in all, the album was good. Listening to the album, you can really feel like you're exploring "Sa-World". From beginning to end the songs on the album, were as entertaining as they were catchy.
The two non-single songs that were on the album, that really made an impression on me were, Throw Him Away and Friday Night.
Throw Him Away, has a feeling of a sunny
summer day of fun. The song sounds like it has elements of shibuya-kei with a bit ofdisco influences. Putting those two styles together brings out a cute and catchy song to listen to while doing day-to-day responsibilities. Friday Night, is a great title for this song. There's elements of R&B mixing with elements of disco pop in the song. A perfect song for going out. Riding in the car with your friends, bobbing your hands to this song. (If you live in Japan.) There were other songs that I liked from SAWA outside of her debut album.
From her debut mini album, COLORS, her song, Yellow, is such a catchy, upbeat, and relaxing song to listen to during lazy summer days.
The other songs are from her second mini album, Time &Space, three songs that really
left an impression for me were, Discovery, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Are You Ready For Love? The song, Discovery, is a track that really gives you the feeling that you're going through space and time, in a spaceship, soaring around the galaxy, feeling cool. The next track, Metropolitan Museum of Art, has a strong melodic beginning, giving the listener an intrigued feeling of what's gonna come of this song. SAWA starts to sing on the song and then you hear the chorus and automatically you're hooked. Are You Ready For Love is an Elton John cover, that is well done by SAWA. (I'm not much of an Elton fan, but I'd give him a chance after hearing this cover.)
Selective Songs From COLORS
Selective Songs From TIME&SPACE
Selective Songs From I Can Fly
Selective Songs From Welcome To Sa-World


I hope you enjoy the sounds of SAWA during the days of Summer!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Sharing music that should be shared. *If an artist/record label has any problem with the songs/videos I post on my blogs please contact me.*